Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Moving Out

What it's going to be like living with my new room mate:
“I like to think im just a quirky single lady.. not a sad pathetic one” - Sarah Bungay

In between inspiring statements like “Gee I hope we have room for my treasure chest” and “I'm mostly just changing my sheets” I realized how special Sarah and I were. I think this is why kids are supposed to move out at 18. That first bit of freedom tastes mostly like frat parties, dirty laundry, mouldy pizza, a healthy dose of alcohol and/or cannabis, and maybe a dollop or two of exam stress. Instead, we're worrying about matching kijiji-found glass kitchen tables to the delicate striped tones of my mother's donated loveseat.

P.S. No one will have to worry about us burning, as she has also graciously decided to donate a fire extinguisher. Nothing says a mother's love like pressurized nitrogen.

3 comments:

  1. You're going to have a great time!!! I'll come and visit. But let's be less conventional than Sunday dinners, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, I thought it was all about Sunday morning pancakes??

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha hahha hahah Did I really say that?

    ReplyDelete