Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why I Love Americans

I actually wrote the following in June, but thought it should have a part here also.

So I wrote my cousin an e-mail, but had to re-send it to a different address since the previous one didn't work anymore. As suggested, I sent it to his hotmail account, one Robert.Jack@hotmail.com
However, as some of you may have cleverly noticed, Robert Jack is a very common name. And so, on this lovely June afternoon, I received a reply to my e-mail and it went like this:

Anne,

It's nice to know there is another Robert Jack out there and if you compare E-mails you'll find that you sent this letter to the wrong one.

I'm glad you are enjoying your current job and i'll take the hint and never go to Ottawa (wherever the "F" that is.) The hippie house sounds interesting from a comical standpoint. Reading your letter though I get the impression that your not a
very happy with the way your life is going. A little piece of advice...focus more on the positive. Then you letter's won't sound so depressing or cynical.

You take care and I hope everthing works out for you. Feel free to write me anytime after all who can say they know two Robert Jack's and by the way I'm cooler than the other one because I'm the original.

A little something else...My Mom's name was Anne

Robert Jack

From Washington State


And here is what I wrote in reply:

Dear Other Robert Jack,

I am very sorry to have mistakenly sent you an e-mail intended for my cousin. Thanks for the advice though. I'm sure you're very cool, despite the frequent grammatical errors.

Ottawa didn't suck, the job did. And, as an aside, it's the capital of Canada, that large, cold country that borders yours to the North.

-Anne

I really, really, really hope he writes back.

**As a side note, he never did write back. Poor Other Robert Jack. But really, poor me.

1 comment:

  1. I still think you should write back to him apologizing for your snottiness.

    ReplyDelete