Thursday, October 8, 2009

On being a giant, and single

Again I bypass my own slightly-less-than-briliant rhetoric in favour of two links that were brought to my attention this evening that are so relevant to my life right now I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share them.

Among other citrus fruits life has thrown at me, like reading about the president of my university and his 4.5 million dollar pension plan, I am currently above the average male height, which for starters does wonders in the dating world, and single; refer back to the previous part of the sentence.

Sex and the City does wonders for my attitude when contemplating these subjects, as, for example, in season 5, when Charlotte decides to find herself a self-help book to get over her last relationship and surf her way to a new one. Among the titles she peruses are "Starting Over, Yet Again", "Reservations for One", and my personal favourite, "I'm fine, NOW".

Just over a week fresh from my own, expected failure, a friend posts on my roomate's facebook wall one of the more amazing dating faux-pas', recorded thanks to voice-mail, and then spread over Toronto's radio network. This, perhaps, is one of the reasons why so many have turned to wholesome dating websites such as "Plenty of Fish" (so clever!) and Lava Life, where true love happens over discussing how laid-back, fit, and funny you are - just like all other 62387429 people currently online. For your pleasure:

The reason some girls stay single

If that hasn't quite satisfied you, when I then returned to my own facebook page I was greeted with this:

#890 Really, really tall people

I somberly realized that shit only gets more hilarious with each inch you grow, so no wonder Gregg laughs at his own jokes.

3 comments:

  1. kk I've read the post and will be looking at those links ASAP, but first, dinner out! Laytah.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annz,
    Hilarious voicemail of Dmitri the stud.
    As for you, my dear, I just want to give you a hug....and I've already hugged your mom and Gregg, so I know what I'm getting into.
    I have to get on a stinkin' chair every time I want something out of 50% of my kitchen cupboards dammit! We all have our crosses to bear, but at least yours doesn't drag on the ground!
    Cousin Kath aka "short and stubby"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supercilious comes to mind. How could anyone be so..so....full of himself?

    Laughed at your post, daughter, and love your point of view, as always.

    ReplyDelete